Unfortunately sometimes material can become mouldy. This might be because they were in the path of a leak or flood, and/or kept in an unsuitable environment which nurtured mould growth over time.
It is very important that mould is dealt with quickly and safely. It poses both a risk of loss to the item, but should also be taken seriously as a health hazard to those handling and accessing this material.
Mould Remediation at Max Communications
At Max we offer:
- Initial assessments of material and creation of bespoke condition reports and treatment plans.
- Advice on storage and planning for further long term preservation.
- This can be coupled with on site assessments of your current storage environment to assess where and how the initial mould problem began and how it can be mitigated for the future.
- Surface cleaning of mould damaged items.
- Repair and stabilisation of mould damaged items.
- Replacing contaminated housing materials with new archival quality storage solutions where possible and appropriate.
- Advice and planning on storage solutions for long term preservation.
Max provide a full range of conservation and storage services. For details please visit our conservation and storage page. We also offer comprehensive digitisation, digital preservation, archive management and digitisation project management solutions.
For more information please use the buttons below or call us on 0208 309 5445.