Max and our staff operate at all times showing due regard to global and local environment considerations and issues and are proud to have achieved ISO14001 accreditation for Environmental Management Systems. As a company:
- We adopt an approach of ‘reduce, re-use and recycle’ in our consumption of resources
- We minimise the production of waste, and dispose of all wastes which are not practicable for recycle through safe and reasonable methods
- We educate, inform and instruct staff to enable them to complete tasks with increased environmental awareness and decreased environmental detriment
- We acknowledge and abide by our legal responsibilities and fulfilling our duty of care to employees, customers, partners and the general public
- We minimise air, land and water pollution and, where such pollution is identified, effectively remedying the situation
- We ensure that the daily operation of the company does not constitute a nuisance to others
- We ensure that our partners and suppliers conform to their own environmental policies.
- We encourage staff to utilize public transport wherever possible
Examples of this policy in action are:
- We schedule collection of client material in such a way as to maximize the number of pick-ups in any given trip.
- We order supplies in bulk so as to minimize the number of supplier deliveries
- We use boxes and packaging that are made from recyclable materials
- Where travel to meetings is impracticable using public transport, as many staff as possible will travel in the same vehicle
- We ensure that unused equipment, lighting, heating is switched off, especially overnight.